Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Weigh in #10

Well the Thanksgiving holiday is over and yes, I am ONE pound lighter. Finishing out a week where food is at the forefront of the festivities was a bit worrisome, but I knew I had done a fairly good job. Granted I wasn't the greatest at writing everything down, but I did keep a basic idea of the calories consumed and it helped. Eating at a restaurant was a different experience. We were originally going to go to the Golden Corral so we could pick and choose food for the kids easily, well we showed up and there was a HUGE line going out the door and there was no way we were going to make the kids stand out there with the cold wind for that long. So we tried another buffet style place called Ryans--and it only was a 10 minute wait so Ryans it was. It was actually very easy to make healthy food choices and yes I even saved room for pie with a small scoop of ice cream. Since it was just our little family I thought eating out actually worked well for us and the best part was there was not any clean up. I think a pound lost over Thanksgiving can be viewed as a success. I have now lost 10 pounds which is my halfway mark. So really I have lost about a pound per week which is not that bad, especially since there were about four weeks or so of me hovering at the same weight. Well hopefully I don't have to wait another 10 weeks to lose the last 1o pounds. Guess we shall have to wait and see.
Week 1 : lost 3.6 lbs
Week 2: lost 1 lb
Week 3: lost 2.2 lbs
Week 4: gained 1 lb
Week 5: lost 1.2 lbs
Week 6: gained 1.6 lbs
Week 7: lost .6 lbs
Week 8: lost 1 lb
Week 9: lost 2 lbs
Week 10: lost 1 lb

Total pounds lost: 10 lbs
Total pounds left: 10 lbs

1 comment:

Matt and Maggie said...

I have my 6 week postpartum appointment tomorrow and I want to hear the magical words, "you can exercise now". I'm gonna hold myself accountable online as you are doing. Nervous, but excited. I don't know when I'll start just because Gwen is still so young, but I'll figure it out!