Friday, December 3, 2010

Advent calendar and boxes

I wanted to spend sometime helping teach Landon what Christmas is and getting him excited for it so we made an advent calendar together. We printed off a sheet of paper that had a star and ornaments on it. Each one has a number. I had him choose what colors to use and "taught" him about coloring within the lines and let him go to town--he did pretty good. Then he helped me glue the tree on and color in the presents at the bottom. Now we add one decoration a day on our countdown to Christmas.
And boxes really are the best toy for kids. They love climbing in and out of it and Landon always uses it to hide in. He even called it his "new house" a couple of times :)

1 comment:

Court said...

Hey Kyra,

I use Paula Dean's recipie for cinnamon rolls...they are suprisingly easy to make. Here's the link:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/cinnamon-rolls-recipe/index.html

Let me know if you use the recipie how they turn out!