Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas is coming

Here is just a glimpse of the kid's first look at the Christmas tree. We put it up Sunday night and we even video taped their reactions on the camera but I'm having trouble getting them on blogger so pictures will have to do for now.
Landon moved the balls up away from his sissy.
He always says "No, No Sissy" when she touches the tree.
But she still touches the tree. She really wanted those balls.
And just as last year we had to move all the decorations to the top half of the tree.

The kids, especially Katelyn, love the Night Before Christmas book that
makes music when you read it. Katelyn "reads" it a dozen times a day.
A quick attempt of a family Christmas tree photo after church.
And I had to include this one because it isn't too often that Ben
takes a photo that I think is framed right--so good job Honey!
I've been trying to teach Landon that Christmas is when we celebrate Jesus' birthday. I've also taught him that Santa brings presents if you leave him some cookies and milk. Here is a conversation between us.
Mom: What will we do on Christmas?
Landon: "Cake."
Mom: We won't have cake but we'll have yummy food.
Landon: "No. Eat cake for birfday."
Mom: "Who's birthday? Mine?"
Landon: "No. Jesus and Ho, Ho, Ho." (he means Santa).
Guess he kind of gets it:)

# side note on my weigh in. Since this is already a long post I'll just tell you I only lost a few ounces but I did add strength training and have been told that might slow down my weight loss at the beginning so I guess we'll see next week.

3 comments:

Vivian said...

Very cute! For our tree we just used bells so David Ammon could play with them and we don't have to worry about any glass.

Elizabeth said...

Those pictures are great!!

charles7345 said...

Since Landon associates cakes with birthdays maybe you can start a new tradition and bake a cake for Jesus. I know of a few families that do that. Christmas eve morning you kids could help you bake a birthday cake for Jesus.