Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Weigh in #5

Well I was able to lose the pound that I had gained. I'm not going to lie, I was hoping for a little more but downward is the right direction. I was able to make it to the gym Monday through Thursday but then sickness hit the kids and you can't take them to the gym's daycare if they have runny noses. BUT that should not have been an excuse not to workout because I should have found an exercise DVD or something to help me when I'm stuck in the house. If any of you have a good suggestion for a workout DVD let me know, thanks. I did however stick to eating fairly well. Of course there was that delicious pumpkin chocolate chip bread given to me from a friend in the ward--and it was still warm. YUM and more Yum. Oh yeah, and then there was the birthday cake that Ben's coworkers sent home with him--I probably could have been at least a couple ounces lighter if I had been a little stronger and not partaken of the butter cream goodness... But all and all my portion sizes were good and my food choices were alright. I just wish it was not so expensive to eat healthy:( This week is going to take a lot of determination because my amazing in-laws are going to be in town visiting for Katelyn's first birthday and anytime we have visitors from out of town there is a lot of eating out and eating not so good for you foods. AND not to mention there is a little holiday called Halloween which is pretty much all about the candy. So wish me luck!

Week 1 : lost 3.6 lbs
Week 2: lost 1 lb
Week 3: lost 2.2 lbs
Week 4: gained 1 lb
Week 5: lost 1.2 lbs

Total pounds lost: 7 lbs
Total pounds left: 13 lbs

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm sorry this is such a horrible time of year to lose weight because of all the deliciousness everywhere. You are still doing so great and be proud of that 1.2 pounds!!!

Court said...

You can do it. Just remember that the first bite tastes the same as the last, so you only need one bite, and only eat the things that you REALLY want, maybe something special you don't normally get, or that is really worth it, and just watch your portions and balance the rest of the day(s) and week. You're doing great! Don't give up.

Alissa said...

you're doing so good! I have a lot of easier shorter workout's like Denise Austin, Kathy Smith, and Richard Simmons-they make exercising a little more fun. Taebo is a good one-it really helps my balance and makes you focus on your center. I have a biggest loser cardio max. INTENSE! First twenty minutes pretty much focuses on your lower half with squats type moves. And then they have two ten minutes segments that you can do that will really get you. Any Jillian Michaels is pretty focused and intense. NO fluff. At our libraries they have exercise videos you check out. GOOD LUCK!