Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Birthday and Weigh in #2

I know you are all awaiting my second weigh in (said with sarcasm) , But first things first. My amazing husband just turned 27! He was able to get off work a tad bit early so we could go shopping for a kitchen table (still looking) and go out to eat. But his "multitasking" wife happened to forget the birthday coupon to eat where we wanted to so we settled on a quick trip to CiCi's and we'll just have to have his b-day dinner on Saturday. We love you, Ben. You are the best dad and husband anyone could ask for and you are the best looking 27-year-old around:)
The kids and I made this hand print canvas art for Ben's office so he can have something hanging on the walls. (FYI, It's really hard getting an 11month old to do this). Happy Birthday!

Now onto Weigh in #2

Week 1: lost 3.6 lbs
Week 2: lost 1 lb

Total pounds lost: 4.6 lbs
Total left: 15.4 lbs

I would be just a tiny bit disappointed with only one pound since I started throwing in a little bit of exercise this past week, but truth be told, I weighed myself just one day after my last weigh in (which should be a no no, and found I went up one whole pound!) So I was kind of freaking out that I'd have to report a weight gain or no weight loss--so one pound is great for me:) The most important thing to remember is that the body fluctuates so I am going to try and only do a mid-week weight check and then the actual weigh in. Anyway, 4.6 lbs in two weeks is not that shabby.

1 comment:

Grandma D said...

Hey, is that really my son wearing a button-up shirt that isn't white!!! I am shocked!
Don't worry about a pound or two. Remember to weigh yourself at the same time of day each time you weigh in. If you do it at 9am one day and 9 pm another there could be a 2 to 3 pound difference. Also weigh yourself before you workout and not after. Just a few tips I have learned over the last few years.