Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weigh in #3

This week was an interesting one b/c for most of the week I was too sick to really eat and drink much thanks to strep throat. That also meant that I didn't get any exercise in. My diet consisted of yogurt, pudding, soup, stuffing and applesauce. I started to feel better and able to eat normal foods on Monday so I weighed myself that morning and then weighed myself today just to see if my body would stabilize once I started eating normally -and it did b/c I gained back a half pound in just one day (and even that day I didn't eat too much). So hopefully the weight I record today is one I can whittle away at rather than see my body weight increase due to overcoming dehydration or anything like that.

Week 1: lost 3.6 lbs
Week 2: lost 1 lb
Week 3: lost 2.2 lbs

Total pounds lost: 6.8 lbs
Total pounds left: 13.2 lbs

Obviously this is not the "get thin quick" plan, you know the ones that say drink this for a week and you'll lose 10 or 20 lbs--but it is a maintainable diet/lifestyle that I can keep doing without burning out. (At least not yet). And here's a positive spin on it--just think that three weeks ago I weighed almost seven pounds more than I do now!

4 comments:

Vivian said...

Way to go! Sorry you have strep.

Melanie said...

YOU ROCK!! Keep up the good work.

Court said...

Congratulations! Keep it up...call it a wash the week you get sick and get back on track.

Michelle said...

Go Kyra! That is awesome!