Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weigh in #4

This is the week I dreaded. I have to post that I gained weight--one pound to be exact. Definitely not what I was going for. I do have to admit that coming off of a week of being sick and basically stuck on a liquid diet I did find it hard not to eat a little more than I should. Whether it was a handful of the kids animal crackers or an extra little bit at dinner, it was hard for me to say no since I'd been in starvation mode for so long and just wanted to EAT! Therefore I guess it's not that strange that the scale went up a pound. I should be glad it was so little :) This will just be more motivation for me to get that number down for next week. Secretly I had hopes to loose 10 lbs by Katelyn's first birthday, now just a week and a half away. I doubt that will happen now as I have four pounds still to go but I can try to get as close as I can to it. Thinking positive, right?

On a high note, guess who ran a whole mile without stopping yesterday at the gym? ME! It may or may not have taken me 12 minutes :) but I DID DO IT! I haven't run a mile since getting pregnant with Landon--so that's like three years ago.

Week 1 : lost 3.6 lbs
Week 2: lost 1 lb
Week 3: lost 2.2 lbs
Week 4: gained 1 lb

Total pounds lost: 5.8 lbs
Total pounds left: 14.2 lbs

4 comments:

Matt and Maggie said...

I'm so glad you're blogging this. It is hard to admit to people but holding yourself accountable in this way aughta help you with your goal. Good luck with those next four pounds, Kyra

Ulrich's said...

Good job! Hey, sometimes when you start working out hard, you gain weight from all the muscle. At least that's what always happens to me. Just take it one day at a time!

Mike and Christina Jenson said...

you're still doing awesome! I definitely can't run a mile without stopping so way to go! You totally should be proud of this week. Keep it up!

Alissa said...

You're doing amazing!! I've been excercising but I'm pretty sure that my scale isn't going down....but then again I am also devouring halloween candy. I should do better.

Bekah's b-day is next week too. I'm sooo excited for it!