Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weather

Just thought I'd share the view off of my deck when Lebanon's tornado sirens were going off on Tuesday. Creepy. Because we have satellite television my signal was not working so I didn't know how bad a storm it was until Ben called me from his office to tell me the city's tornado sirens were going off and all of the employees were being told to go to their "safe place." Luckily the storm passed by without any damage with only a a major wall cloud (as seen in bottom photo) and a few reports of a "funnel-like" cloud. It made me think back to the tornado that hit Murfreesboro when we lived there and I was reminded how powerful mother nature is and just how quickly devastation can occur. About an hour after this storm front passed my in-laws flew into the Nashville airport and amazingly they said they didn't have too much turbulence on the flight.

1 comment:

Court said...

Those are pretty pictures, but scary!