Thursday, January 13, 2011

Weigh in report

So I'm gonna change it up a bit. I've been at this weight loss business for 15weeks now and keeping my weekly reports is making for a really long post. And I have just changed up my routine a bit so why not change how I report my weight loss too? Seriously, who wants to scroll all the way down through the weeks to see how I've done anyway? So I will post my total pounds lost and the week's loss (optimistically let's just say there won't be any gains:). I think that should be enough information to share anyway.
I have done 14 weeks of changing my lifestyle all on my own by counting calories and exercise (well, I've fallen off the wagon on that one so that needs to change). I am pleased that I lost 12 pounds in that amount of time. But like I mentioned earlier, I am now following the Weight Watcher program. My amazing husband gets to do 12 weeks for free (if he loses 10 pounds) through his work so I'm just reaping the benefits and following along. True, I don't go to a weekly support group to weigh in, but that is what I have all of you (and my hubby) for. I will weigh in every Thursday because that's when Ben does. You know, I was surprised how similar the WW program was to what I have already been doing, although it takes into account total fat, protein, and fiber as well--so that's got to be a good thing. Instead of limiting myself by calories I am limited by a certain amount of WW points and each food is assigned a value. So it kind of makes counting food easy--that's always nice. And the biggest difference between the first 14 weeks and the next 12 (well 11 since we've already done one week) is that my wonderful husband is doing it too so food choices, making dinner and all of that is much easier! So you want to know how I did this week? Pretty good.

Week 15: 2.8 lbs
Total lost: 14.8.

I've almost lost 15 pounds and I am just four pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight (with Landon) and that feels pretty darn good.
Oh, and if you are wondering how Ben is doing he said he really doesn't want to post weekly on here because just getting his money back if he loses 10 is enough motivation for him. But I will tell you he did much better than me this week:) But at the end of 12 weeks I'm going to post how much he lost anyway, so stay tuned.
p.s. We have added a ton of vegetables to our meals and at first I thought the kids would not do well with the meal changes but to my surprise they are doing great. They probably have had more vegetables this week than they did all last month!

4 comments:

MotherMonkee said...

Keep up the good fight, Kyra! You are doing great!

Ulrich's said...

You are motivating me. Good job! I love weight watchers. I am doing myfitnesspal.com. It helps me keep track of my calories and exercise but it's free.

Lee said...

You are doing fantastically. Be proud! If you decide you need a change, I'd be happy to tell you about the diet I'm on to control gestational diabetes. In the first 2 weeks, I lost 3 pounds. You count carbs and carbs only.

If you want info just facebook me.

Court said...

Yea for Kyra! I'm doing WW too, and find I struggle sometimes at night or when I grocery shop...I just want to throw in a treat. Bad habit I need to break. Doesn't help at work there's so many temptations and options. If you need support let me know! We can check in with each other if you want.