Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cabin Fever entertainment


Last week we were pretty much snowed in for three days. It really got long, and boring-especially with me staying home with the kids all day. They wanted to go out, and boy did they look outside the windows a ton! So I read a couple fun activities to do on a rainy day on this neat site at www.toddlertoddler.com. One of the activities was to let them play at your kitchen sink--so I did. And they had a blast transferring water from bowl to bowl and playing with bubbles. Pure entertainment for 30 minutes. Oh, and letting a one year old up to play at a sink can get quit out of hand--but I couldn't let her NOT do it if her brother was doing it.

Yeah. Water was everywhere. It took 5 dish towels to clean it all up. Was it worth it? Yeah.

3 comments:

Mike & Lila Family said...

very cute and very good idea! i was just thinking i should take them for a drive or something for me and for them! lol. ;)

Elizabeth said...

That is awesome!

Melanie said...

Sometimes those 30 minutes of fun for them is totally worth the extra little clean up! That is usually how I get dinner cooked, just turn the faucet on low and let her play.