Thursday, January 20, 2011

Weigh in report 2

I'm really liking this weight loss program, and it may just be because Ben and I are doing it together. He has been very on top of recording every single thing he eats and planning meals so I have had it really easy lately. Yay for me! Ben has been great at going to the gym after work and I pretty much just exercise at home because the gym's daycare is packed to the limit:( I recently started "walking" at home. Basically "walk" a mile which is about 12 minutes in the morning, the afternoon and evening. I figure I have 12 minutes, right? And I can do it while the kids watch cartoons!
It has been very interesting to study my relationship with food since I've started this goal of mine. I never really understood how much of a "stress eater" I am. If I am having a rough day with the kids I want to grab whatever snacks are easy and convenient right there in the cupboards. And I use to do that ALL the time...a handful of crackers here, a little cookie, and one, no make that two, fruit snacks. No wonder the pounds packed on! Just the other day Landon was giving me a run for my money in the potty training department, oh yeah, and the coloring on walls department:( I was so frazzled all I could think about was stuffing handfuls of marshmallows in my mouth-but I didn't. I've gotten enough discipline through the last few months to realize what is driving my hunger so that I know if I really need food or not. So instead of going on a sugar binge I sent Landon to his room and MADE him play for a little while so I could calm down and take some ME time. It helped. That was all I needed. Who'd have thought? Anyway, here are the stats.

Week 16: 2 lbs lost
Total pounds lost: 16.8
Total left: 3.2 lbs!

**NOTE: 20 lbs was my original start goal to see if I could accomplish that rather than setting a really high goal for myself and getting disappointed in how long it was taking and give up. Now that I am almost to that first goal I've got to start thinking about how much more weight I want to lose to get me where I will be happy.

2 comments:

Court said...

Congratulations Kyra! And good for you for recognizing what is driving you...I too am an emotional/stress eater. I have to remind myself that the candy bar isn't going to make me feel better. I've lost 3.6 lbs so far this year and really feel like I can do it. I'm trying to focus on what can I do to loose one pound a week, what small changes can I make? So far it's working! Let me know if you need any support!

Michelle said...

I'm pretty sure an updated pic of progress will be required once you reach your goal. Throw some kids in so you don't feel awkward. :) So excited for you Kyra! I am totally wondering now what type of eater I am. The past week all I've wanted is chocolate, and its been a super stressful week, so I wonder if it correlates somehow to the stress now too. Yikes.