Monday, April 4, 2011

"Safe Place"

We had severe thunderstorm and tornado warnings today which sent the kids and I into our "safe place"--my bedroom closet. We don't really have a room in the middle of the house or a basement so a closet is the best we can do. Unfortunately the kids had just gone down for their naps when they had to be awoken 20 minutes later to cram into mom's closet. After the first few minutes they were not quite so unhappy and started to have fun pretending to sleep. Landon kept saying he was hiding from the storm and every time he heard the thunder he said "Oh, no sissy it's gonna get us" and he'd dive under his pillow. Luckily nothing came of this storm, well actually I guess there were a couple tornadoes that did touch down, just not on our side of Nashville.


4 comments:

Vivian said...

I'm glad they were good for you! David Ammon cried and screamed the Entire Time! A whole hour! Ahhhh!!!

Michelle said...

Scary. Glad you guys could have fun and enjoy the moment - and mostly glad you guys weren't in the actual tornado zone.

Jennifer said...

I am glad you were safe! That is just crazy.
And a random side note- you look so skinny in that picture! You are doing great!

Mindy said...

Crazy! Glad you guys weren't affected. That is so crazy to me since I never even have to worry about stuff like that. Looks like you guys made the most of it though.