Sunday, April 17, 2011

Captain Landon is 3!

My little pirate turned three. I can't believe he is so big! He's such a delight and fun to have around. He may boss his sister and drive me crazy with all his "Why?" questions but I couldn't ask for a better son. I asked him over a month ago what he wanted for his birthday, and since we were standing in the toy department I was fully expecting him to point out a plane, ball or Toy Story figurine, but no, he asked for a party and cake! So I decided that is what he would get. The little tyke loves pirates so his theme was easy. Thanks to two of his closest friends and their families we had an enjoyable pirate party for our Captain Landon. (His costume was Ben's Halloween costume back when he was younger and Landon's Grandma Davis graciously volunteered to alter it to fit Landon).
He got a ton of presents and loved all of them. Grandma Davis made him this pillow, and he loves the magnetic car puzzle Grandma Anderson sent him. Thanks to all of you, friends and family that got him gifts. He is having a blast breaking in his new toys.
Katelyn made a pretty adorable first mate.
Awwww.
Playing pin the eye patch on the pirate.
Discovering the hidden treasure chest. Oh, and we also made sea creature necklaces.
Blowing out his candle.
And a closer look at my "master piece" LOL--at least I attempted it, right?
Here he is trying to wink while he says "Arrrr, Matey."

I have to give a special thanks to Aunt Lindsie for making a trip out here to help her nephew celebrate--that was his favorite gift of all, an aunt to give him lots of attention:) And most of these pictures are from Lindsie since I was busy "hosting" (if you can call it that) the party.

We love you little buddy, or should I say, Captain. We look forward to many many more birthday celebrations with you. Thank you for being you, our little Landon Charles Davis.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday to Landon!!! That was such a cute party idea. Having a theme makes planning the whole thing so much easier (at least that is what I think). Great Job!!

Mike & Lila Family said...

Happy Birthday Landon. :) With Evan's adoption craziness, i didn't realize how 'close' in age our boys are, 6mo. wow. I thought he was like a year older ha ha ha. your little katelyn (sp?) is getting so big too! every day i realize cg is closing the gap to evan in size and understanding so much more than i realize! why do they grow?! ;)

Elizabeth said...

How fun! Happy Birthday little guy!

Alissa said...

Oh what a fun birthday party! Looks like you did a good job coming up with an idea and pulling it off. Way to go super mom!!!