Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Weigh in #8

So it wasn't great, but with life going how it did this week it is acceptable. Poor Katelyn has been running a fever for over a week and was miserable which meant she wanted to be held all day and night. I waited to take her into the doctors because she went in last Wednesday for her one year check up and the doctor said she was fine, it was just a cold. So she got two vaccinations and a flu shot, which may have triggered the fever. Well turns out my poor girl has had a double ear infection and a ruptured eardrum. She is feeling tons better since the ear drum ruptured but now has TONS of leakage. Gross. But at least life is returning to normal for her. So anyway, mom duties really came first most of this week so I wasn't expecting amazing results since I can't very well go to the gym with a sick child. So drum roll please....1 pound. I know! I just can't break through those SEVEN POUNDS. But this week is looking better as far as exercise goes b/c I know I can't take the kids to the gym with me with Katelyn on antibiotics but I have found an exercise video I will do at home. Now to find the time, maybe in the the early morning before Ben gets up for the day, or when Katelyn takes a morning nap and I entertain Landon somehow, or at night when the kids go to bed--we'll just have to see. Anyway thanks for sticking with me on the very SLOW process. HERE's hoping I can get past these seven pounds this week:)

Week 1 : lost 3.6 lbs
Week 2: lost 1 lb
Week 3: lost 2.2 lbs
Week 4: gained 1 lb
Week 5: lost 1.2 lbs
Week 6: gained 1.6 lbs
Week 7: lost .6 lbs
Week 8: lost 1 lb

Total pounds lost: 7 lbs
Total pounds left: 13 lbs

2 comments:

Matt and Maggie said...

Hope you don't mind I use this post to answer your question on my blog. I haven't read "Babywise" since I was expecting Reid, but yes, I believe that is most closely what is shaping our routine. I should reread in case I forget something! That was the first time and only time reading it. So I was pleased to know that I had already practices a lot of the same concepts talked about, for Zeke. Makes me feel like I am doing something right!
Did you like that book?

Michelle said...

Working out with kids is work! Good job Kyra. I actually found I burned more calories having a dance party with the kids than going on a walk (and who wants to walk in the snow now) so some days when I can't fit in a workout video we have a dance party where I do basically the same things, except my kids aren't grumpy/climbing all over me, etc. I know you don't like dancing in public, but that could be fun with no one there but your kids! :)