Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weigh in #6 and #7

So with family here all last week I kept forgetting to get on the scale first thing in the morning until Friday or so, which is why I thought I'd just record last weeks with this weeks. It was disappointing anyway. I did a terrible job of watching what I ate and I never made it to work out. So I gained 1.5 lbs. Grrr, but very expected. So this week I actually made it to the gym twice for an hour and a half workout but two days doesn't help a ton. I was able to lose just 1/2 a pound. So my friends I am really disappointed in myself and feel like I should just quit this whole recording on the blog thing since I've been stuck at a 6 and 7 pound weight loss. Part of me is also feeling deflated b/c I found out the person who I fashioned my weight loss "goals" after, the one that I have been following on her blog, admitted that she hasn't been doing it alone after all and has been using Weight Watchers. I mean, it is good for her, she's met her 30 pound goal but I had thought it was just from her determination to be accountable on the blog and doing it on her own. So anyway, I KNOW it is possible to do it on my own, I just need to be committed to it and I think that commitment has wavered a lot these past few weeks.
SO THE NEW SHORT TERM GOAL IS:
* Drink 8 glasses of water
* Write down what I eat
* Exercise 5 days a week
So next weigh in should be interesting. If I don't lose weight my mind is obviously not in the game and I've got to figure out what I want most. And if I do loose some weight and break this darn cycle hopefully it will give me the motivation I need to get going on losing that 20 pounds!

Week 1 : lost 3.6 lbs
Week 2: lost 1 lb
Week 3: lost 2.2 lbs
Week 4: gained 1 lb
Week 5: lost 1.2 lbs
Week 6: gained 1.6 lbs
Week 7: lost .6 lbs

Total pounds lost: 6 lbs
Total pounds left: 14 lbs

5 comments:

Vivian said...

Kyra, you can do anything you put your mind to... seriously. I am so excited that you have decided to get your body back into shape and to tell others so that you have support and also encouragement and accountability. I think it's awesome! I will be following after you when baby # 2 is born. So here's my cheer "Ra, ra, you can do it, ra ra ra!!" P.s. gaining some is okay because body weight fluctuates. Ha ha I could spell fluctuate without spell check--yes! Well I hope you have a fantastic day and that you are able to keep up your journey to being a healthier you. Love you chicka!

Michelle said...

Kyra,

I wish I could give you a site to a friend of mine. She is doing exactly what you are doing (just watching calories/what she eats and exercising regularly) and she has really made huge strides and improvements. She is doing great! I know you can do it too. Good luck!

Ulrich's said...

Don't give up. You're motivating me! I think you are doing great! As long as you keep going and don't give up you are doing fabulous!

Matt and Maggie said...

I can't believe that other blogger! In another few weeks I will be physically able to begin exercise, so I need your example as I have 28 pounds I want to lose.

MomSqrt said...

Kyra, it absolutely IS possible! I've lost 30 lbs this year... WITHOUT W.W.! It's hard, it takes a lot of work and dedication. BUT it is so worth it in the end!!!
Don't give up on your goals because of a bad week. We all have them occasionally.
I do have a website I use to help me track my fitness and socialize with people who have the same goal as me... It is completely FREE... they offer diet (food) and exercise help.
www.sparkpeople.com

You can do it! Don't give in, Don't give up!!!