Sunday, March 15, 2009

D.C. and Pennsylvania

We took advantage of Ben's spring break and went to D.C. to visit Ben's sister Lindsie and then to Pennsylvania to visit my grandparents. We made sure to squeeze in a lot during our week up north. Here are some of the many pictures taken.
Here we are at Mt. Vernon, President Goerge Washington's home. I went there as a kid so it was fun going back to it. Don't you love Landon's mode of transportation?Here's our tour guide, Lindsie. She took us to the National Mall where all the museums and monuments are. She's lived in D.C. since September so she knows her way around. Oh, and thanks for letting us stay in your bed. And thank Ingrid and Matthew for playing so nicely with Baby Landon. He loved being with them.Here's Landon and I in front of Abraham Lincoln! That was a really great monument.

Landon roaming free on the Lincoln Memorial steps.


Ben and Landon on the Subway, or Metro. It was an interesting experience and a good way for people to move around in a busy city. Although it was a little overwhelming for me.

Landon gets a good look at T. Rex's teeth.

This is the Pentagon Memorial. We went at night and the lights really added to the reverance felt there. We were surprised to see how well thought out the monument was becuase it was arranged by age of passengers and Pentagon workers.

This is the Korean War memorial. My grandfather was in that war.
I also have pictures of the Vietnam Wall and the World War II memorials but they didn't load.
Oh, and to end our D.C. trip we went to a New Zealand restaurant and Ben was in heaven when he got the traditional Pavlova. I must admitt it was pretty darn yummy.


Landon is in the backyard of my Fenstermacher grandparents. They live in the mountains by a river so there would be a lot to do if we had more time to spend.


Landon is sizing up Grandpa Fenstermacher. It took him a little while to warm up to the mustache. He thought it was some sort of animal.

And here is Grandma Fenstermacher holding her third great grandchild. It was the first time that they got to see Landon. And boy, did they spoil him with toys and cookies.
Well there is a lot more pictures and information but I think this blog has gone on long enough.
Hurrah for spring break.

6 comments:

Lee said...

I wonder if Ben's sister is in my ward?

Michelle said...

What fun!! How far away do you guys live from DC? That's nice to be able to see so much family and explore all those awesome historical sites (not to mention eat some delish foods!)

Geneve said...

How fun! D.C. is one of my favorite places. I missed Mt. Vernon when I was there, so I need to get back again. I can't wait to take my family.

Matt and Maggie said...

How cool is that?! Wow! What an opportunity. I'm so glad you got those pictures.
I want to go to D.C. some day. Those pics of Landon with his Great Grand Parents is priceless.

MotherMonkee said...

(This is Roxann) We have always wanted to go to DC, maybe this summer, now that we live closer. I love the pic of Landon in the backyard! Very cool.
Also, would you mind if I linked your blog on mine?

Michele said...

Hey! How are you doing? I haven't talked with you in ages. How is life in North Carolina? I miss you tons. Landon is so grown up and very cute.