Sunday, March 1, 2009

All dressed up and nowhere to go

So we woke up to four inches of snow today and about forty minutes before church we found out it had been cancelled. Look below to see how our son took the news (bearing in mind he already went through the "torture" of a bath and getting all dressed up).
" Okay, take me to church where for some reason you always shush me and keep me from going where I want to (like under the pew so I can get into everyone elses things and see what they've got for me to play with)."
"What? It's cancelled. No joking this time?!"


"Ah, I'll just sit here and relax before I get down on the ground and play. Can you get me a bottle and turn on the cartoons, please?"


Isn't he cute? Yes, we were a bit surprised to find that there would be no church today because being from Utah and Idaho we're more than used to bundling up and traversing over a couple inches of snow. And as much as I was looking forward to giving the lesson today, it was nice to spend the day at home with my favorite boys. And to everyone's credit here, it was the most snow that they have had in quite a while.



5 comments:

Melanie said...

I can't believe they cancelled church over a few inches of snow. If they did that here we wouldn't have church for a couple of months.
PS I can't believe how big landon has gotten but he sure is a cute one.

Matt and Maggie said...

That's right! I heard the East got blasted with snow. Eh, give them a break, they're soft. :D
What class do you teach?

Grandma D said...

He looks so cute in that outfit! Great Grandma K will love to see that picture. Do you think he could be any cuter? I doubt it! No snow here, hurray!!!
Love, Grandma D

Michelle said...

That is hilarious, but I guess if your not use to snow, right? haha. You guys are just toughened up! :) Your little guy looks so cute in that outfit!

maurine said...

Get used to it! They will cancel over just about any amount of snow in the south! We had ours cancelled that Sunday too, and it was just raining, but they thought it MIGHT freeze. Your son is SOOOOOOOO adorable! I hope he learns to like his baths!