Friday, February 13, 2009

Outdoor fun

I am playing catch up. These photos were taken last week when we went to Nashville because Ben had to go to jail. Landon and I tagged along, but while Ben and his classmates toured the maximum-security jailhouse (for school purposes), the two of us went to the Farmers Market and Bicentennial Park. The park is a statue park and tells the history of the area and has a lot of green space so Landon enjoyed walking (and falling), and crawling on the grass. Oh and I have to say I passed a motherhood milestone that day because I decided not to get upset about his new shoes getting scuffed or his pants getting grass stained because "Boys, will be boys" and if I start sweating the small stuff now I'll be a total wreck in the future when I have a house full of kids getting into everything. Click on the photos to make them larger if you'd like. We switched to a slower form of internet to save a little cash and it is hard to download big images.
We both enjoyed the many park benches

I brought his ball and we rolled it back and forth.
A little poodle decided he wanted to play with us too
and Landon wasn't too sure what he thought about that.

Everytime I handed Landon a leaf
he'd drop it down the drain.


Two and a half hours of outdoor fun
zonked the little guy right out.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I am so jealous that it is warm enough to go outside there. We are absolutely freezing here!

Matt and Maggie said...

That is spectacular that he is walking!! Yay! The other day at a play group another mother was like,"Zeke, watch out!" Or blah, blah. She looks at me and is like wow, we have different parenting styles in that I don't react every time like she does. She has a very supposedly fragile girl, and I've a rambunctious well stacked little boy. You're right though, boys will be boys and you just have to pick your battles for any kid. I've known for quite some time now that our parenting styles are different, And as much as I've wondered about hers, I've never stopped to think what she thinks about mine! Funny. Awe well. I love watching little Landon grow. You're doing great!

Michelle said...

He is so cute! I would say that's an accomplishment about the clothes issue. I think being a mom helps us be patient and not sweat the 'small stuff'.

Gallant Family said...

I can't believe he's walking! Jonas took his merry ol' time {which was okay with me}. And there is so much snow on the ground here. There's no way we're going out to play. I am jealous you guys have the warmth. I'm ready for spring...anytime now!

Lee said...

Can I tell you how I love not only the frog pj's, but the position of the kiddo in the picture?