Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! We tried to make it fun for the kids. The day started off with a preschool party where they got to do a craft, make a valentine, play musical hearts and eat cupcakes. That evening for dinner we had yummy strawberry crepes.
Landon enjoying Grandma Davis's sugar cookies.
Katelyn eating a cookie and showing off her hat Grandma D made her. She kept it on the whole night.
The kids also got to enjoy some yummy candies Grandma Anderson sent.

Ben and I joked about how we don't do really romantic things anymore now that we've almost been married 6 years:) I bought him some caramels that had 14 reasons why I love him as well as 5 (one for each year old the children are) why the kids love their Daddy. And Ben bought me some yummy Girl Scout Cookies, which I haven't had in forever--gotta love those Thin Mints! But I have to say having kids really does add a whole different perspective to the romantic holiday. It's just so fun to make THEIR day fun. I absolutely love my little family.


2 comments:

Alissa said...

aI totally agree about the change of the holiday-although I felt like that was how it was in my house growing up. But I like it better as a kid holiday than a grown up holiday. :(

maurine said...

I had so much fun this year just decorating and planning fun things for the kids! I think it's fun because they love it SOOOO much! And we still at least go out to dinner each year!