Monday, December 1, 2008

Funny pix of Bubba

This is Bubba's new favorite position. He finds something that interests him and honkers down on his knees and plays. Uh-oh, I think the kid is partial to food. He likes to grab things out of the fridge, but luckily he hasn't learned to open it on his own yet (he just sneeks in there when Ben or I are preparing dinner).
This just shows his personaility. He loves to laugh at his mommy and daddy. Also, anytime we have a water bottle he comes up to us and wants a drink. (Thanks Mom and Dad Davis for the high chair)
He is also fascinated with anything that has a flashing light, which includes cameras. At the doctor's office he was impossible to have the little ear gadget look inside his ear because he kept turning to play with the light.No, we don't beat our son...he fell asleep on his hand and it left this imprint. When we saw it we laughed a ton and Ben had to take a picture. By the way, if anyone has any advice on how to get a child to fall asleep on their own when it's bedtime please let us know. Ever since he learned to stand up in his crib he won't let himself fall asleep.










4 comments:

Michelle said...

Look at little Davis standing up on his own! So cute! I could eat him up. It looks like you guys had a delicious Thanksgiving too. As far as sleeping advice, there are a lot of good books out there and sites online. The fun part is trying to figure out what works for you and your baby. We eventually had to buckle down and put him in his crib and just leave him alone for five minutes, check on him - if he was crying, comfort him and then put him back in, wait ten minutes the next time, and then fifteen minutes the next time. A lot of people say to go to half an hour or an hour and build your way up... and some say once you make it to fifteen minutes before you check on them to never go back to five minutes. Whether that would work for Jack I don't know, because I know it didn't work for me as a mom - so we never went longer than checking on him after 15 minutes - and if I had to check on him three times I would just get him out and try it again once he was calmed down. It was easier on me and Jack picked up on it that he needed to go to sleep. It is hard when they stand up in the crib and just scream. But Jack at least, if I let him be for a few tries he would eventually go lay down and suck his thumb and go to bed. I know it's not so easy for other parents... So good luck! I hope you find something soon that works for you. I'm sure you want your sleep!!!

Gallant Family said...

I used Babywise for sleeping patterns, and I swear by it, but some don't like it. Jonas has never been bad about going to sleep. Usually it only takes 5 minutes (without crying) and he's out for the count. If you want more details about it, let me know. There are a lot of sites out there that totally get the wrong ideas from Babywise, so I caution you in that avenue if you venture out on the internet. I got it as a gift and everyone I know who has used it has loved it and also swears by it. You actually implement the patterns at 2 weeks old, but I know there is a whole chapter on "starting late."

On a side note: Jonas loved frozed peas while teething, so you could give that a try before the canned whole peas.

I wish Jonas would fall asleep in our arms sometimes so that I could get such cute shots of him and Pete. Pretty much the only time he will is at church where there is no bed to lay him in :0)

Unknown said...

That's amazing how pefect that print is!

Dallas Maughan said...

You sure you didnt slap the boy. That looks like a nice body glove