Thursday, February 10, 2011

Weigh in report 4

Hallelujah! Hooray! Amazing! and FINALLY...All those words express the excitement I felt today when I stepped on the scale and saw I have officially lost 20 pounds since I started this weight loss journey of mine four and a half months ago. So it may be on the slow side (just over a pound a week) but it feels great to see how far I have come. I got very discouraged at two different times, one was when I just couldn't seem to break through the 7 pounds lost range (I kept going back and forth for almost a month!) and then at the end I was stuck at 18 pounds for two weeks. Thankfully I had a lot of support to keep me motivated:) I have clothes that are fitting me well once again, but unfortunately for me those clothes are the ones I bought after gaining weight my first year of marriage and the beginning stages of my pregnancy with Landon. The positive is that I now weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with my first child--so it only took me 2.8 years to lose the baby weight (sarcasm inserted). Though I feel so much better about myself I still have a long way to go. I am still in the "overweight" bracket of the BMI which yes, meant I started off in the OBESE bracket. I never felt obese, it just kind of sneaks up on you. And of course my darling of a husband refuses to believe I was in the obese category--isn't he sweet? I have been pussy footing around with what I will set as my next goal because I really want to get into the "Normal" BMI bracket and that is 16 pounds away. But part of me feels like I can't do it. I WANT to do it though so I am going to set it as my next goal. So "Normal" BMI, here I come!--with all your support :)
Week 19: 1.6 lbs lost
Total lost: 20 lbs

NEW GOAL: 16 lbs
Total lbs left: 16
* I am going to start over my weeks so I can compare my weight loss with my first 19 weeks and see if I can pick up the pace or not. We'll see:)

5 comments:

Vivian said...

Kyra, Kyra, Kyra, Kyra!!! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!!!!!! How awesome!

Jennifer said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you! You are so amazing being able to do this! Good for you!

Rachel said...

way to go! Congrats :)

Matt and Maggie said...

How fantastic, Kyra! My inspiration indeed.

Amy said...

Great Job Kyra! Hard work but totally worth it!