Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Baby Adjustment


Now that we've been home for a little while I can download some of the photos and tell you a little about how little Katelyn Jane came into our lives.

First off, thanks so much to those who watched Landon for us so we could go to the hospital. And a special thanks to my awesome sister-in-law for dropping everything in a moments notice to jump on a plane to watch her adorable little nephew.
Here's Aunt Lindsie holding Katelyn for the first time.
And now the birth story. We were induced one week early to hopefully skip the whole painful tearing thing that happend with Landon's birth. We got to the hospital at 7 a.m. and the pitocin was started by 8:30 a.m. which was also when the doctor broke my water. Man, contractions really pick up once that water is broken! By 10:30 a.m. I had my epidural and 1 p.m. the nurse came in and told me to do a practice push, which lasted no more than 3 seconds when she promptly told me to stop because the head was visible. We were going to wait for the doctor to arrive, which the nurse had hurridly had someone page, BUT Katelyn had other plans. On the very next contraction, without me pushing, she slowly inched her head out until the nurse said "Okay, guess she's coming." And just like that Katelyn Jane was here. SO basically I had the easiest delivery ever, and I am so very happy about that especially since I only needed one tiny stitch. I still can't believe how it all happened. And the funny thing was Katelyn's birth was the talk of the Labor and Delivery department because our nurse delivered the baby.
Anyway, here are a few more pictures of Katelyn at home with her big brother and daddy.


Landon loves to be near her, but we have to watch him very carefully because he doesn't really get the concept of being gentle yet.






Landon loves to point out the features of her face, in the case, her ears.

8 comments:

Michele said...

She is adorable, congratulations. I'm glad it was easier for you this time!

Geneve said...

She is so sweet! Congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

I am so happy that things went better for you this time. She is beautiful!!!

Michelle said...

So glad it went so easy! She's beautiful! Hope your recovery goes smooth. :)

Alissa said...

oh my goodness! she's beautiful! Good luck with Landon. Stepanie's (my sister)daughter picks on her litte sister all the time! Glad labor was a breeze and that the nurse knew what she was doing!

Jennifer said...

YEAH!! Your baby is here! Have fun with two little ones! I am really glad that things were easier for you! Congrats again!

Unknown said...

AH! That's amazing! ;o) i bet you are feeling much better this time around!

Mike and Christina Jenson said...

What a beautiful family!! I am so glad that it was an "easy" delivery for you and she is absolutely adorable. I am sure that Landon will be the best big brother.