Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baby gender

Well, the day of the ultrasound has come and gone so we can now announce that we are having a baby.....well, a baby. The little tike wouldn't give us a peek even after a good half hour of trying! Yes, I was disappointed and I have had to adjust to the fact that this baby may keep its gender a secret until it makes an appearance sometime in early November. The only reason we'd have another ultrasound would be if any complications arise (so I guess I'm praying not to have an ultrasound). Boy or girl, we'll be happy. But this is sure going to teach me patience!

On another note, Ben has entered the world of Corporate America. He is an intern at a financial group in its training department. He was pleasantly surprised to find out how interested he is in the project he's working on so I guess he picked the right field for him! The best part is that it is a paid internship, which was in short supply this summer due to the economy. Way to go, Babe.

8 comments:

Court said...

Congrats on the intership! Bummer about the baby...sneaky little thing. Hope you don't need another ultrasound either! Hang in there!

Alissa said...

Oh no!! Don't say that!! I have my appointment today to find out the sex of our baby!!! OH I'm so sorry for you....I think I would be so bummed if I couldn't find out today. Stink! I'm sorry.

Ulrich's said...

That's crazy! Even though we saw little girl parts at our ultrasound, I'm still nervous that the tech was wrong and it's going to come out a boy! You could always go to one of those fetal photo places and have them do an ultrasound!

Matt and Maggie said...

Oh, I'm sorry, Kyra. That stinks. At least the baby is healthy, and that you are prepared for one of the two genders. :)
Hang in there, you are great!

Lee said...

Just so you know, when I talked to the insurance company about the problem, they told me there had been an issue around January that they were having to correct. We used Atnea at the time, but it might be an MMC problem instead of an insurance one. Good Luck!

Gallant Family said...

Hey, it will make the (literal) birthday that much more exciting to not know just take a pink outfit just in case (or something unisex). That's awesome that Ben likes what he's doing and even better that he's getting paid. SAWEET!

Lindsie said...

Boy or girl, at least you know there's only one baby in there! ;) Can't wait to come see you guys in a few weeks!!!

Lesley Wright said...

Congratulations! Both on a baby to be and a great internship.